4. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
1. Account. The Service may offer you the opportunity to create an account (“Account”). If you create an Account you will be required to provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, age, gender, location, and potentially other Personnel Information, as well as a password that you will use for your Account (“Account Information”). You may also choose to provide additional Personal Information as part of the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account. The Personal Information you provide in connection with your Account will be used to validate your identity. For example, we may send a text message to your mobile phone to verify your phone number or an e-mail to your e-mail address to verify that address. If you choose to not create an Account, you may not be able to access certain features of the Services.
2. Profile. The Service may require a public profile which may include your user name and a profile image (“Public Profile”). You will be able to select your username and profile image, provided that these do not reveal your identity. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that the details of your Public Profile may indicate your identity, we reserve the right to remove or edit your username or profile image. If you do not choose a username and profile image, the Service may generate a username and profile image for you. Your Public Profile may be linked to your User Submissions (defined below), and if you create an Account, to your Account as well.
3. ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a feedback form or a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available on the Service or by sending an email to an email address that we display on the Service, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
4. Invitations. The Service may enable you to invite your friends to use the Service by sending them an invitation email, SMS or other message. If you send an invitation message we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their name, email address, phone number and/or their third party website account (e.g., Facebook) user name and id.
5. Share Location and Route Service. The Service enables you to share your location with friends and to allow them to follow your movements by sending them a text message containing a URL to an online map which will display your location, destination, planned route and/or your movements. If you share your location or route with friends who do not use the App, we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their phone number and name.
6. Favorite Destinations. The Service enables you to enter and save the address of certain locations, such as your home or office address and to provide a shorthand title for such locations, in order to enable you to more quickly enter such locations into the Service during later use.
7. Social Media Connect. The Service may enable you to share certain Content from the App on or through your social media account (such as Facebook). If you choose to share Content on or through your social media account, you will be required to enter Personal Information and your login details for the relevant social media account.
8. Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services (“Location Services”) in connection with the App that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of your mobile device on which the App is installed (“Location Data”). If you choose to participate in these Location Services, you agree that we may collect or obtain Location Data from your mobile device. You should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features.
9. Log Files. The Service may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Service, track users’ movement around the Service, and gather demographic information.
10. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. The Service may utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Service activity. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by an App user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
11. Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the App. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, date and time stamps of App use, contacts, and calendar information. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the App to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes.
12. User Submission Data. We may collect information from the content of your User Submissions and the context of such User Submissions, including without limitation, the date and time of the User Submission and the location from which the User Submission was submitted.
5. Publicly Available Information.
1. Your Profile and any publicly available content that you post on or via the Service (“User Submissions”) may be publicly available to other Service users, and may also be accessed and used by people off the Service. The notices and tools that we provide on the Service should help inform you which information will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions or as part of your Profile, you may receive unsolicited messages from Service users or the public. We therefore encourage you to only post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, your Account information will not be publicly available, unless you choose to make such information available.
2. Please be aware that the Service may facilitate private and public discussions. If you participate in a public forum or public discussion then the User Submissions that you post to the public forum or discussion will be available for other App users to see and may also be made available to the general public.
6. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Service, then such Personal Information may be used by us in the following ways:
1. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Service, to provide support and respond to your requests, to contact you in connection with the Service and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Service that you are authorized to access.
2. We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Service and our products and, subject to your prior consent, the products of third parties; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
3. If you include Personal Information in your Public Profile or User Submissions that you post to a public area of the Site or App, then such Personal Information will be generally publicly available.
4. If you choose to send your friend an invitation email or message we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send your friend an email or message inviting them to visit the Site or to download the App. Your name, phone number, account name or email address may be included in the invitation email or message.
7. We may disclose or use your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our EULA, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; and (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of WEGO, our users, yourself or the public.
8. Use of Anonymous Information. We may collect and use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Service and enhance your experience with the Service. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Service.
7. Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Service-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails that you receive from us. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a request to change your password) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Service.
8. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information to us. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Service but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
9. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information in your Account, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
10. Children’s Privacy. The Service is not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
12. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
13. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
14. Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
Last updated: August 2016