Sidekix, a new navigation app for people who love discovering their city on foot, is seeking a marketing and outreach Manager. The right candidate will serve as the Sidekix local rep in the UK, and will be instrumental in creating and executing a local marketing and outreach plan.Specific activities will include:
- Drafting and managing of a local marketing and outreach plan to recruit testers and raise awareness once the app is live in London, in conjunction with the Sidekix CMO
- Identifying strategic partnerships to help with outreach and brand awareness
- Supervising a team of interns to help with outreach efforts
- Representing Sidekix at various venues/pitch events/conferences
- Researching and attending events such as meet-ups, tech conferences, etc.
- Identifying and recruiting market influencers, both on and off line, to help evangelize the app
- Driving social media engagement and creating communities
- Other creative marketing techniques, as agreed with the Sidekix CMO
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Good networker and public speaker
- Outgoing and social, someone who loves to “get out there” and meet new people
- Bold and creative—not afraid to try new strategies, including guerilla marketing, until something “sticks”
- Independent—significant portions of the work will take place independently.
- Marketing/branding/outreach experience with other apps or consumer products would be highly valuable
- And lastly, should “live the brand”: Someone who enjoys walking and sees it as the best way to discover the city